Friday, August 12, 2011

Nostalgic with Prambanan Temple

After a very long time, i visited Lara Jongrang Prambanan Temple near my parents hometown, my sister droped me and i started to nostalgic with this temple. I remember i visited this temple when i'm in junior high school. The temple lil changed due to 2004 earthquake which attacked Bantul and Yogyakarta area. Now i see some ruins of temple.. but still we can see greatness feel of Prambanan temple.





I visited Ratu Boko temple too, only about three kilometres south of Prambanan temple complex and 15 minutes by car that provided by Prambanan management. The Ratu Boko Temple is considered to have been built as a dormitory for monks and also a remainder of King Boko's palace built around 8th century. King Boko is a legendary character known from popular folklore of Loro Jongrang. This folklore connects the Ratu Boko Palace, the Durga statue in Prambanan temple (which is identified by local folklore as Loro Jonggrang), and the origin of the Sewu temple complex nearby. Prince Bandung Bondowoso loved Princess Loro Jonggrang, the daughter of King Boko, but she rejected his proposal of marriage because Bandung Bondowoso had killed King Boko and ruled her kingdom.

Entrance gate of Ratu Boko temple

Cozy garden..
Ups, my sister called me.. Time to this finish nostalgic..

No comments:

Post a Comment